With my first book about to be published and all of the other good and fulfilling aspects in my life, I find myself having to come back to a place of stillness with God like never before. I have loads of analyzing, previewing, praying and approving final drafts that can not be avoided. Just like your life, I also have other aspects of everyday living that can’t be ignored. Something has to be sidelined when deadlines creep up but for me, running is not one of them! I covet that time to hear from God and get His insight. I hear so much better when I have zero distractions. I respect that a lot of other people love to run with music, but the only thing I am desperate to hear while I am running is God’s voice.
I was asking Him which direction to go first this week. He reminded me of five blog posts I personally wrote over the last few years that will keep me focused this week. I thought I would share them with you. I have added the link to each post for quick reference.
- Do the last few things God told you to do before you move forward. – If you are feeling stuck and are not sure what you should do next, go back and check to see if you have already completed everything that God asked you to do. https://revelationsontherun.com/2015/08/08/the-last-thing/ Then when that is finished go to the next task, which is:
- Don’t make your own schedule without God……get your daily download from Him. https://revelationsontherun.com/2015/04/20/gps/
- Listen to your body and press, push and challenge yourself when you know you can and rest when you know you need to! https://revelationsontherun.com/2016/03/08/body-language/
- Surrender all unnecessary thoughts going on in your mind and anything that doesn’t need consideration this week. https://revelationsontherun.com/2014/08/15/taking-out-the-trash/
- Finally, God reminded me of how important it is to be enrolled in other people’s dreams and accomplishments as I am aspiring to attain my own. https://revelationsontherun.com/2015/01/29/encouragement/ I love to see people in the body of Christ step out in faith and write, blog, earn their next degree, produce new films, etc. Its so awesome to see Christians succeeding in all areas (The Seven Mountain Mandate).
I want to give some special shout outs to local people who have recently accomplished some writing projects that the Lord has laid on their hearts. Pastor Steve Rahter and Todd Smith for their recently published book, “Imagine You Being Rich.” Pastor Chris Einwechter for publishing “Worry Less, Pray More.”. Maria Castillo and Julie Rahter who started great blogs within the past year. Let’s all encourage and support one another in our endeavors.
Most of the time we give more credence and attention to something that was produced by someone we don’t know. Jesus went though this in His own hometown as well.
Mark 6: 4-6 (The Message)
4-6 Jesus told them, “A prophet has little honor in his hometown, among his relatives, on the streets he played in as a child.” Jesus wasn’t able to do much of anything there—he laid hands on a few sick people and healed them, that’s all. He couldn’t get over their stubbornness. He left and made a circuit of the other villages, teaching.
I will happily say that I have learned more from my local leaders and publishers than I would have had I gone chasing after other more famous speakers, spending time and money looking for a better thing.
This is my direction for the week. How about you? Do any of these 5 posts speak to you this week? What are you currently focusing on with the Lord?